Wednesday, September 21, 2011

tongue piercing

I know I haven't posted on this thing in a while. But I had a comment today that reminded me of the blog and that I need to post on it again.

While I'm at work today a random person came up to me, let's call him Bill. Bill had been staring at me for the last thirty minutes so I wasn't surprised when he came up to me to initiate a conversation.

Bill: "hey I have a question"
Me: "what?"
Bill: "I know it's personal and all but....(at this point I start thinking, if you think it's personal than why even ask???)...I noticed your accent because of your tongue piercing"
Me: "my tongue piercing?? My tongue is not pierced"
Bill: "Oh, I noticed your accent and figured it was because of your tongue pierced"
Me: as I stand there dumbfounded I just responded "yeah I have an accent but my tongue is not pierced"
Bill: "oh ok sorry"

This one is definitely a new one in my book. Looking back, I almost wish I had gone along with it to see what his question would have been regarding my tongue piercing!

1 comment:

  1. People are so stupid sometimes. I'm amazed. Glad you wrote on your blog again!

    ReplyDelete